Thursday, November 7, 2019
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE
● Lead and support social-emotional, experiential, and outdoor education workshops and activities with a focus on animal behavior, animal husbandry, homesteading activities, and agricultural
careers with both at-risk youth and guests.
● Animal husbandry including but not limited to feeding, watering, health maintenance, breeding, cleaning of stalls and pens, etc. of sheep, chickens, cattle, donkeys, horses, cats, farm dog, etc.
● Support the Farm to Table ideals of Blackbird Farm through raising of livestock for meat, egg, and dairy production.
● Equine exercising, training, riding, trail development and maintenance, etc. Lead or support trail rides and arena lessons with guests.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
● Must be able to lift 50+lbs
● Knowledge of horses and other livestock
● Basic animal first aid preferred
● Be able to work independently and also in teams
● Be comfortable with public speaking
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
● Must be at least 21 years of age
● Employee must pass TB test and Livescan background clearance
● Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience in an agricultural industry (post high
● 1 to 2 years experience working with At-Risk Youth, at youth camps, with horses/livestock,
and/or teaching preferred
● Clean driving record preferred
Room and Board