Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Fish Camp, CA
Camp Green Meadows Outdoor School is hiring Naturalist staff for 2019 - 2020 School year. Camp Green Meadows is a residential outdoor science school located 2 miles outside the south entrance to Yosemite National Park in the town of Fish Camp, CA. Camp Green Meadows is a program of the Merced County Office of Education.
- Teach 6th grade outdoor science classes aligned with Next Generation Science Standards
- Lead all day field trips in Yosemite National Park and Sierra National Forest.
- Train, mentor, and evaluate high school cabin leader volunteers.
- Train visiting teachers in outdoor school class curriculum, trails, and experiential teaching strategies.
- Mentor, coach, and provide Naturalist Intern staff written and oral feedback
- Assist in curriculum development aligned with NGSS
- Counsel, organize, and document student discipline issues.
- Lead meals and train staff on Dining Hall duties
- Lead evening programs including but not limited to: Astronomy, Night Hike, and Group Games
- Lead daily campfire programs by teaching/singing songs, story telling, performing skits, and playing instruments for large audiences.
- Provide exceptional customer service to visiting clients/staff.
Starting $19.18 per hour. Housing provided. Meals provided during program.