Thursday, July 2, 2020
We are a looking for a van driver/outdoor educator with a clean driving record, who is looking for a job with potential to grow and stay long term, and loves nature and working with school age children.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Experience in outdoor education.
- 1 year experience driving with children.
- At least 1 year experience solo leading a group of children.
- CPR and 1st Aid Certified (Or willing to obtain certification by start date.)
- Desire to work through the 2020/21 school year.
- Passion for the outdoors.
- Ability to hike 4 miles over varied terrain.
- Strong swimming skills.
- Available weekdays.
- Experience planning and delivering lessons.
- Experience creating curriculum.
- Experience communicating with parents of students.
- Clean Driving Record (No tickets, no crashes, no violations).
Ramblin' Adventure Club is a small outdoor recreation program that serves Santa Cruz county children from grades K-5 after school and offers a day camp during the summer. Monday through Friday we take students out to adventure and explore Santa Cruz's many unique and incredible terrains.
-Driving groups of 6 kids in a 8 passenger minivan to different trail heads around Santa Cruz County.
-Child supervision (safety, conflict resolution, observations of child's strengths and needs, etc.)
-Effective and respectful communication with co-leaders, supervisors and families.
-Creating and facilitating daily curriculum.
Compensation $16-18 hourly depending on experience. Ramblin' classes are offered Monday through Friday, and each shift 7 hours per day.
If interested, please send an email with your resume, 3 references and cover letter about yourself and your experiences in these areas.
Check out our website www.ramblinadventureclub.com to find out more about what we do. We look forward to hearing from all potential applicants!
$16-$18 per hour