Summer Extended Care Coordinator
Tuesday, January 2, 2018
Multiple locations across the Bay Area, Southern California, and Chicago
Excited to flex your creative muscles by running your own educational program for kids? Great at managing details and building relationships?
Extended Care Coordinators create a unique program within the larger camp day that expands the opportunity for fun at camp. The extended care program duration lasts over half the length of the rest of the camp day, so there is a huge opportunity for impact. Experienced program managers and visionaries wanted. Learn more about this role and working at Galileo in our jobs video gallery: https://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/video-gallery
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
WORK HOURS AND DATES
The camp environment is demanding, requiring intense dedication and work ethic from each staff member. Depending on the time of summer or the specific week or day, the needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We make offers to staff who we believe are capable of thriving in this environment and contributing to camp’s success.
The camp day runs, on average, 8 hours for Extended Care Coordinators. Extended Care Coordinators typically work 10am-6:30pm. Extended Care Coordinators typically do not work overtime. Extended Care Coordinators may work with the Camp Director on prep prior to training and setup days; this time may total up to 24 hours of prep time, no more than 8 hours in a day.
• Staff meetings: During regular work hours before or after the start of programming
• Before setup days begin, complete between 2-12 hours of online training
• Training and setup days: Participate in two mandatory training and setup days before camp starts
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• College graduate
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Program management and/or curriculum development experience a plus
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and manage daily Extended Care & lunch programs, including staffing assignments, activities, and supplies
• Support the Operations Coordinator to prepare and manage lunch, Extended Care capacity, paperwork, and more
• Manage the Extended Care check-in and check-out processes, ensuring a high quality experience for families
• Work to improve Extended Care and lunch programs or accommodate specific campers
• Innovate, and adapt curriculum; communicate regularly with and provide feedback to your Camp Director
• Check in with Camp Director and other staff frequently to communicate staff, camper, and family needs
• Contribute to and participate in daily camp ceremonies and all-camp activities as necessary
• Set, work toward, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• We are committed to competitively compensating staff.
• Staff will be compensated at a different hourly training rate for online training and on-site setup/training
• Overtime will be paid at 1.5x the regular hourly rate in accordance with state and federal requirements
• Payroll is processed weekly; payments will be issued and paystubs made available the Friday after each camp week