Liability Waiver and Media Release
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education - Liability Release Form
Although the Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education (AEOE) has kept an admirable safety record in its
50+ years of providing conferences, workshops and outings to outdoor educators, there are certain inherent risks
associated with any activity, particularly those that take place in natural settings, as do many AEOE events. These include,
but are not limited to: poison oak, insects, animals, rocky trails, steep cliffs, bodies of water and unpredictable weather.
Additionally, participants often choose to bring their own equipment to AEOE conferences and partake of activities not
sponsored by AEOE, such as rock climbing during conferences/activities occurring on public lands. Please be aware that
any activity not specifically described in a program flier or schedule is not a function of the AEOE event. AEOE members
who take part in such activities do so solely at their own risk and outside of their participation in the AEOE program.
As a participant in an AEOE program, I hereby:
1. Acknowledge that I have read the above statement and voluntarily sign this document.
2. Participate in AEOE functions at my own risk.
3. Release AEOE, its directors, officers, and volunteers (collectively “Releasees”) from all liability to me for any loss or damage to property or injury or death to person, whether caused by Releasees or otherwise.
4. Agree not to sue Releasees for any loss, damage, injury or death incurred as a result of my participation in an AEOE program.
5. Assume full responsibility for, and risk of, bodily injury or property damage due to the negligence of Releasees or otherwise.
6. Intend this document to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of California.
7. Release and allow AEOE to take photographs of me at events, which may be used in AEOE publications or publicity.
Guidelines for Respectful Behavior: As a professional organization, we expect responsible and respectful behavior from our members. AEOE does not condone the consumption of illegal substances or underage drinking at its events. Anyone who is being disruptive, especially due to the influence of alcohol, will be asked to leave without a refund. We also ask our members, when outside of the few designated ‘late night’ areas, to be very quiet at night when people are sleeping.