Managing Institutional Member Directory Listings
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
This article covers how to manage the details about your organization that are listed in the Institutional Member Directory. If you have an active Institutional AEOE Membership, the following details are displayed in the directory:
You can manage your directory listing details from the Account Settings page.
Please note, no personal information from your account will be listed in the directory.
The name listed for your organization is simply what is entered in the "Organization Name" field when editing your account settings.
Your directory listing includes a rich text description for your organization. Simply edit and format this text using the "Organization Description" field when editing your account settings.
You can use links, lists, subheaders, and more when formatting your text. Raw HTML code is not allowed.
Am image, ideally your organization logo, can be included in your directory listing. However, images must be managed by AEOE. You may submit an image to AEOE for publishing on your behalf. To do this:
- Prepare a JPEG, GIF, or PNG image that is at least 420 pixels wide OR high. Larger images will be resized but kept to scale.
- For logo images, your logo should appear on a white background with minimal margin around the logo for best results.
- Send an email to email@example.com that includes your organization name, and the image attached.
When you enter a website URL for your organization, a link to it will be included in your directory listing. Enter the URL to your website (including a prefix like "http://") in the "Organization Website" field when editing your account settings.
Entering a website URL is optional.
Your organization's street address can be included in the directory, allowing it to be shown in the map view of the directory. Also, a map with a link to Google Maps will be shown on your directory detail page.
We cannot assume which address on file for your account is the address that should be listed in the directory, so you must explicitly choose which address should be listed. To do so:
- Browse to your contact addresses within your account.
- Select the address you want listed if it exists, otherwise choose to add a new address.
- In the address form, check the "Use For Directory?" box to designate the address to be listed.
- Save the address.
Designating a street address is optional, but if you do not do so, your organization will not be shown on the map view of the directory.