Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project
Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project (ANV) elevates life in the inner city by challenging oppressive dynamics and environments through urban farming. ANV’s quarter acre farm located in the City of Oakland’s Tassafaronga Park is planned, planted, harvested and sold by youth in grades K-8. One hundred percent of the proceeds are placed into individual savings accounts for those who participate.
About Camp ANV:
Camp ANV serves low-income Oakland children ages 5-13. Since 2012, our eight-week Summer Camp, and our Fall, Winter, and Spring school holiday camps consistently offer these opportunities for your child:
- Provides a safe space for local youth to learn the business of sustainable agriculture,
- Conducts activities that promote fitness,
- Teaches students healthy cooking and nutrition,
- Offers students the opportunity to complete arts, science, and reading projects,
- And develops financial literacy by depositing earnings from the harvest into bank accounts that can only be used by students for educational purposes.