ee certification graduates
Please join us in congratulating AEOE's first cohort of Environmental Educator Certification Program graduates! This outstanding group of EE professionals (including residential outdoor school instructors, classroom teachers, higher education professors, garden educators, city employees, zoo and park staff, and emerging leaders in community-based organizations) spent the past year demonstrating their skills, reflecting on their practice, and building up their professional networks. We are proud of the successful launch of this program and are so impressed by the care, professionalism, intention, and creativity the certification graduates put into developing and implementing their final action projects, some of which included the production of materials and resources which have been linked to below.
California's certified Environmental Educators include:
- Baylee Goodwin, UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center
- Burton Miller, Emerald Bay Outdoor Academy
- Carli Baker, California State Parks, click here to access Carli's final action project "Field Notes at Lake Merritt"
- Corey Kaye, Westminster Woods, click here to access Corey & Mason's final action project, a video on composting
- Danielle Ashton, Napa County Resource Conversation District
- Devin Jackson, Foothill Middle School, click here to see Devin's final action project presentation slides
- Devon Azzam, Gevirtz School UCSB
- Gretchen Doering, Golestan School Garden & Cooking Teacher, click here to access Gretchen and Kelly's final action project: Building Climate Resilient Communities: A Transdisciplinary Toolkit
- Jennifer Alford, CA State University San Bernardino
- Joshua Schaub, Adventure Risk Challenge
- Karen Pierce, Achieve Tahoe
- Kris Espiritu, The Nature Inquisitive
- Lauren Bergh, Santa Ana Zoo, Project WILD
- Lauren McCawley, Guadalupe River Park Conservancy
- Lizz "Lizard" Atwood, Camp KEEP
- Martha Cerda, Alviso Adobe Community Park, City of Pleasanton, click here to access Martha's final action project training guide and activities "Houses Inspired by Nature"
- Maryjo "MJ" Sampang, NOLS, click here to access MJ's final action project resource on land acknowledgements
- Mason Fernandez, Westminster Woods, click here to access Mason & Corey's final action project, a video on composting
- Melissa "Mel" Sarmento, Guadalupe River Park Conservancy, click here to access Mel's final action project resource: Virtual Programming for Groups w/ Special Needs
- Michael Brodsky, Loyola Marymount University
- Michael "Rhody" Shanahan, Shady Creek Outdoor School
- Michelle Cyr, Santa Barbara Botanic Garden
- Nina Vuoso, Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
- Reesha Katcher, Independent Naturalist, click here to see a video of Reesha's final action project "Nature is Everywhere," a zero waste coloring and activity "cookbook"
- Tarah High, SCICON