Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Fish Camp, CA
Camp Green Meadows Outdoor School is hiring Naturalist Intern staff for 2020 - 2021 school year. Camp Green Meadows is a residential outdoor science school located 2 miles outside the south entrance to Yosemite National Park in the town of Fish Camp, CA. Camp Green Meadows is a program of the Merced County Office of Education. The Naturalist Internship is an exceptional way to gain teaching and leadership experience at a residential outdoor science school.
- Teach outdoor science and environmental education classes to 6th grade students
- Lead all day field trips in Yosemite National Park and Sierra National Forest.
- Train, mentor, and evaluate high school cabin leader volunteers.
- Lead evening campfire programs and night classes.
- Train visiting teachers on outdoor school curriculum, trails, and outdoor teaching strategies.
- Receive mentoring and feedback from Naturalist staff to improve instructional skills
- Work collaboratively with Naturalist staff to create a fun, safe, and engaging learning environment.
- Live, work, and play minutes from Yosemite National Park
Applicants must apply online at:
$13.00 per hour
Meals provided during working hours