Friday, November 15, 2019
• Do you want to live and work in the Redwood Forest of West Sonoma County in a community of 16 fun loving individuals dedicated to holistic education, making a difference in kid’s lives and changing the world?
• Are you interested in delivering innovative science curriculum developed by the BEETLES Program of the Lawrence Hall of Science: research based, field tested and aligned with Next Generation Science Standards?
• Would you like to spend each week with your own Exploration Group of 11-13 students facilitating an experience that deepens their connection to self, others, nature and God (or “Spirit of Love” or “Source energy” or “Universe” or “Insert name that suits you here!”)
If the words above intrigue you, please read on. . .
Caritas Creek at CYO Camp offers a unique combination of science curriculum aligned with Next Generation Science Standards, retreat style activities and group challenges for classes of students in the 5-8 grades. During the week, they are exposed to a series of themes, hikes, activities and lessons designed to promote learning, awareness and character development on multiple levels: personal, social, environmental and spiritual.
CYO Camp and Retreat Center is a fully equipped facility located in the heart of West Sonoma County 60 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge. The comfortable facilities rest in the middle of a 215 acre mixed redwood forest, including meadows, creeks, and a beautiful lake for canoeing and exploration. Staff share housing on property away from students. A short walk from staff housing, the quaint and historic town of Occidental features several excellent restaurants, a health food store, cool shops, a farmers market, a yoga studio and much, much more.
• Bachelor's degree in education, environmental studies, geography, biology, psychology, sociology, or related disciplines
• Experience in working with children ages 10 14 (experience working with children from a variety of ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds helpful)
• Ability to support and deliver Academic, Social and Spiritual goals
• Certification in Standard First Aid, CPR, and Advanced Lifesaving (can arrange for certification)
• Pay Rate: $81.60 per day plus $500 medical reimbursement
• Season: August 26-December 6 (up to 10 unpaid days off in this time period).
• Miscellaneous: Cost-free housing and Board whenever program is being delivered.
Send resume, cover letter and questions to: Paul Raia – Associate Director