AEOE Statewide Spring Conference 2018
Join us in "Creating a Culture of Science" at Camp Hess Kramer in Malibu, CA.
2018 Workshop Strands
1. Creating Connections with Nature - Presentations in this strand focus on interpretive techniques that inspire participants to connect with nature during outdoor and environmental programs.
2. Education in the Age of Technology - Presentations in this strand discuss how technology may be integrated into educational programming as a tool for change.
3. Science and Society - Presentations in this strand discuss how outdoor and environmental education can help science permeate into society. Topics in this strand may include techniques for translating short-term experiences into long-term attitude and behavior change, engaging community stakeholders, and creating better citizens.
4. Bringing the Outdoors into the Classroom - Presentations in this strand center on integrating outdoor and environmental education into formal education curricula.
5. Leadership for a Greener Tomorrow - Presentations in this strand focus on leadership skills and techniques that create better staff, make for more progressive programming, and create a more engaging environment for participants at all levels of outdoor and environmental education.
Calling all educators, artists, and inspired community members!
AEOE is looking for a professional and creative logo to represent our 2018 state-wide spring conference. The logo should be recognizable and help promote our conference theme, "Creating a Culture of Science." The rest is up to you! Please read below for more details regarding logo design, contest rules & submission requirements.
How to Enter the Contest
The contest begins on March 27, 2017 . Submissions will be accepted through May 27, 2017. Winners will be announced via our website, social media accounts and by direct contact to the winner's email account.
In order for your entry to be submitted and reviewed by our judges, all entries must be:
- Submitted directly to Angie Kemsley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitted in their original source file (if digital) and
- Submitted as a high resolution .pdf with 300 dpi or higher.
- Professional: This logo will be featured on our website, our social media platforms, the conference program and other mediums (postcards, t-shirts etc). As a result, while we want the logo to be eye-catching, it must still be legible.
- Theme: Logo must promote the AEOE conference theme, "Creating a Culture of Science." The logo must reflect the idea that as outdoor and environmental educators it is our job to bridge the gap between science and society and help make science accessible to all. Science is not just a subject to be taught in school but something that should permeate all aspects of our lives.
- Color: There are no limitations and any colors may be used. However, the logo must look good in color (if any) or black and white.
- Medium: Logos may be created digitally or hand drawn, but all final images must be submitted as a digital file.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Winners will be selected by the AEOE 2018 Conference Committee. Contestants agree that AEOE may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future without compensation. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to AEOE. Additionally, AEOE may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the conference. AEOE reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
Registration for this event is currently closed.